This post and its photos may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Inside: Printable Feelings Bingo Game with 24 unique game cards and 30 call-outs. Our instant download PDF file makes printing and assembly easy for parents, teachers, school counselors, and mental health professionals.
As parents or educators, we know how important social-emotional development is for kids.
Helping kids identify emotions they experience helps them better understand how they are feeling, and this helps them learn acceptable ways to respond to how they are feeling.
But here’s the thing:
Sometimes it can be really hard to teach kids difficult concepts (like emotions and feelings).
But there is an easy way:
Feelings Bingo helps teach kids to identify and verbalize how they are feeling (and how others are feeling) in a fun way!
Emotions Bingo Game: Feelings Activities for Kids
As young kids begin to recognize their emotions, they are developing what we call social-emotional skills. And kids need these skills to be successful in school and later in life!
One BIG part of social-emotional learning is learning all about emotional regulation. (Because we all know that young kids are very reactive).
Emotional regulation is being able to identify how you are feeling and ultimately manage that feeling appropriately. (Think Carl not hitting Suzy over the head for stealing his toy.)
These concepts can be difficult to teach to a young child. But games are a great way to teach difficult concepts; they are interactive and fun!
And one of my favorite teaching games is Emotions Bingo (or Feelings Bingo). Let’s look at what you need to start playing and refresh the BINGO game rules.
How to Set Up the Feelings Bingo Game
This adorable set of Feelings Bingo includes 24 different Bingo game cards, one page of Bingo calling cards, instructions, and sticker cut-outs.
Bingo is perfect because it’s easy to play for all ages and for varying sizes of groups.
This kit has everything you need to get started.
Materials needed for Emotions Bingo:
- Feelings Bingo Cards
- Bingo markers. Ideas include: Candies (Hershey’s kisses, skittles), bingo dabber, or feelings cut-outs (provided)
- Printer (or have printed at a print shop)
- White card stock paper or plain white paper
- Scissors or a paper trimmer
- Optional, but amazing: Laminator (I highly recommend if you want to reuse your bingo cards and play in the future)
- Optional: Laminating sheets
- Optional: Velcro Tabs
- Optional: Prizes for the winner
How To Play Feelings Bingo
Most of us know how to play Bingo already…but just in case you forget, here are some simple Bingo instructions.
Feelings Bingo Quick Instructions: To play, give one Feelings Bingo card to each child or give one card to each team. Call out the feeling on the call-out card. Players place a candy, sticker, or other over the square if it’s on their card. The first player to cover 5 spaces diagonally, horizontally, or vertically wins.
Detailed Printable Emotion Bingo Instructions:
- Print out your feelings bingo cards (one for each player or team) and one set of calling cards. If you want to use the bingo sticker cut-outs included, please also print these out.
- Give each child an Emotions Bingo card, and your chosen bingo markers (heart cut-outs, M&M’s, skittles, jelly beans, mini marshmallows, dry erase markers, or bingo dabbers)
- There is a free space in the middle of the emotions card. Yahoo!
- Cut out the 30 call-outs from the call-out card and place them in a bowl or hat.
- Pull one card at a time from the bowl and call out the feeling.
- The players will cover the corresponding image on their cards with the chosen stickers, candies, or markers. (I love to use Velcro with the cut-out stickers, so they don’t slide around the card.)
- To win the game, the kiddo who covers 5 spaces in a row, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally shouts out “BINGO!” and they win.
- Create fun prizes or treats for winners.
This printable feelings bingo game includes 30 different types of emotions:
- Left Out
Purchase the Feelings Bingo Game Here
I think you are ready to download the printable feelings printable bingo cards!
I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Benefits of Playing Bingo
Bingo games are awesome for developing listening, social, and self-regulation skills. There is so much learning jam-packed into this fun game.
Most of these sets include free and paid options.