This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! Read my full disclosure policy here.
Inside: 60 positive affirmations for kids, 50 positive phrases you can say to kids, along with our 80 positive affirmation printable cards and a free positive things to say to kids poster.
Kids are all so unique and so precious. I mean, seriously, no two kids are the same! How incredible is that?!
While our kids are young, they are learning how to navigate this big, often scary world.
But here’s the problem:
Sometimes our kids can get stuck in the sludge of negative self-talk…
…and this negativity sure does pull you down like quicksand. (And did you know, negative thinking patterns are common for many children?)
So instead of allowing our kids to be swallowed up with these unhelpful thought patterns, let’s help them flip the switch, rewire the pathways, and change those negative thoughts to positive ones.
Sometimes daily pressures can get in the way of feeling good, and kids lose sight of what’s important – who they are.
That’s why I’ve created these 60 positive affirmations for kids!
Whether it’s a child that needs encouragement at home or a student trying to find success at school, this list will help your children live up to their full potential every day.
What are Positive Affirmations for Kids?
Positive affirmations are short “I” statements or positive phrases that we repeat to ourselves, such as “I love myself.”
Positive affirmations can be written down, spoken aloud, or just thought about.
Since self-talk is unstoppable and never-ending, we have an incredible opportunity to make our internal story positive, and what’s even more exciting is this actually changes the pathways in our brains…(more on that below).
These little acts of kindness are one of the best gifts we can give ourselves!
Benefits of Positive Affirmations for Kids:
Positive affirmations are generally used as a way to boost self-esteem, motivate yourself and others, or simply just make you feel good.
Researchers are continually exploring the fantastic effects of positive thinking on our health. We can expect benefits such as better psychological and physical well-being, better coping skills, increased confidence and resiliency, lower rates of depression, and more.
And here is something fascinating:
Positive Affirmations and The Brain Connection
The Berkely Well Being Institute states, “Self-fulling prophecies show us that when we believe something will come true, it is more likely to. And neuroplasticity research shows us that by focusing on something, we strengthen those regions of the brain and make them stronger. We can even strengthen the positive neural pathways in the brain, decreasing reliance on negative, well-worn pathways in the brain.”
In short (because I’m no neuroscientist), this means that NEW neuropathways are being formed whenever our kids repeat certain thoughts (good or bad).
Now the science part might be a little complex, but it’s actually really easy; all you need to do is pick a collection of phrases and repeat them in your mind, or say them out loud.
So the more our kids repeat positive thoughts, the easier time your child has of riding this neuropathy in the future.
Pretty cool, eh?
And what makes me smile is thinking about the next time a challenging situation arises for my child. They are more likely to believe the messages they have told themselves over and over.
For example: If a bully in the schoolyard sneers, “you’re dumb,” my child will ride their neuropathway and will already be conditioned to know and believe that they are, in fact, smart, and the bully’s words will lose all their power.
The bottom line is that positive affirmations give kids the confidence to feel good.
Where can you use Positive Affirmations?
Below are some quick ideas of how you can incorporate this positive habit into your daily life.
- Have your child repeat the chosen affirmation three times. Say each one a little louder.
- Have your child use affirmations if they are struggling with schoolwork or kids who are lacking confidence in their abilities (think reading or math)
- Use them to motivate kids in any aspect of their lives, when trying out for sports teams, during a music recital. Affirmations help to boost confidence and teach kids that anything is possible, if you put your mind to it.
Now, you can write down affirmations in a notepad or journal to refer back to, but you can also print these instant downloadable cards and use them daily.
The most important component of using positive affirmations for students or your kids is to use them repeatedly. This will ensure your kids reap the full power of the affirmation.
Before we get to the positive affirmations for kids below, you might want to snag these 80 printable positive affirmations for kids right here:
Remember: positive affirmations for kids should focus on the abilities that they have, their talents, and their traits. (Not their physical attributes.) For example, Positive affirmations such as I am a kind person are helpful for children who need to be reminded of how much good there is in them.
60 Positive Affirmations for Kids
Use the positive affirmations below, purchase our printable card set, or create your own.
If you want to create your own, think about subjects you want your kids to work on, like school, hobbies, goals, friendships, and so on.
Once you have an idea of the subjects you want to work on, you will need to think precisely about what you want from this subject. For example, if friendships are a struggle for your kids, then the affirmation could be “I am a good listener.”
And lastly, keep your affirmations in the present tense, avoid the negative and keep them short and precise!
50 Positive Phrases YOU can Say to Your Kids
Not only do we want our kids to repeat positive affirmations to themselves, as parents or educators we can also sprinkle in nuggets of encouraging words throughout the day.
If you are looking for more positive phrases for your kids, this is an epic list.
1. You are good enough. You deserve to be successful.
2. You have the power to change things for the better!
3. Your life’s purpose is unique to you, and you’re perfect just the way you are!
4. Nothing will stop your shine from warming this world – not even you!
5. Remember that failure is a part of success, and everything you have ever done has helped shape your future!
6. It’s a privilege to be alive – so make the most of it and enjoy the ride!
7. Anything is possible when unbridled ambition meets patience, persistence, creativity, persistence, and hard work – just like anything is possible when you have a great support system!
8. You can do anything you set your mind to!
9. Every day is a new chance at life – so don’t let yesterday’s failures stop you from striving forward!
10. Never forget that remarkable things happen when people are friendly and work together! Good things come to those who put in the effort!
12. Your best self shines when your intentions are rooted in love and kindness for yourself, others, and this world we live in.
13. You’re awesome!
14. You are the author of your own life!
15. Life is more beautiful when you enjoy every moment and find joy in simple moments that others may perceive as ordinary or routine!
16. Nothing can stop you from achieving success except yourself, so don’t give up on what’s important to you!
17. You are just as amazing now as you always were and always will be!
18. I am so proud of how hard you are working!
19. The world is more beautiful when we play together, laugh together, sing our favorite songs on the radio together…
20. You are perfect just the way you are!
21. Don’t ever let others convince you that who you are isn’t good enough because it is more than good – it’s amazing!
22. It doesn’t matter what happens in life…just keep going no matter what! Everything will be OK eventually- so don’t worry about tomorrow!
23. It’s OK to say no, it’s OK to change your mind, and it’s always OK to make mistakes – just learn from them whenever you can!
24. You are a huge part of this world that needs positivity every day – so keep on smiling even when things get tough out there!
25. You can do it!
These positive affirmations and so much more are a part of our newest Calm Confident Kids Toolbox, which includes a ton of our most-loved resources for a fraction of the cost. This is a special offer, and we don’t know how long it will last. Learn more here.
26. The view from the top is spectacular
27. You can ask for help
28. If you believe it, you can achieve it
29. Your mistakes are chances to learn
30. Reach for the stars
31. You are unstoppable
32. Challenges make you stronger
33. Make an effort, NOT an excuse
34. Follow your dreams
35. Life throws us curve balls and throws us for loops – but it’s up to you how you handle them!
36. The world is a better place with you in it!
37. You’re the best friend a person could ask for!!
38. Every day is a chance to get closer to who we are supposed to be, so go out there and be the best you that YOU can possibly be!
39. Believe in yourself and always remember, you are your own best friend!
40. You make me proud every day with the amazing person that I see standing before me who is strong and fearless, kind and caring…never stop being you!
41. You are more powerful than any single person out there – so go out into this world with your head held high because YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
42. It’s OK to feel scared, it’s OK to feel sad, and it’s OK to feel angry too
43. Everyone worries sometimes
44. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming…
45. You are strong and capable of doing anything you set your mind to – so look forward with hope instead of fear!
45. The world is better off with people like you who make others smile, laugh, and feel loved…so keep on doing what you’re amazing at!!
46. Keep smiling even if you’ve been through some tough times – you deserve a life filled with happiness and positivity!!
47. You are so loved…and no matter what, always remember that! So don’t ever forget how amazing you truly are!!!
48. You don’t always need to follow the crowd.
49. You should never be afraid of who you are – just embrace it because the world needs more people like you!!!
50. Be you. Everyone else is already taken!
Why do we need positive affirmations in the world today?
Positive affirmations are important in today’s day and age because the world we live in is not always a friendly place.
Kids face enormous challenges, and there is SO much pressure on them. It is essential to help kids build confidence and pride in themselves. And not just believe in themselves on the surface, but deep down in the deepest potholes of their being.
Instilling these positive beliefs into kids’ minds will make it easier for them to love themselves, know who they are, and tackle anything that life can and will throw at them.
Affirmations help people of all ages learn how to love who they truly are inside and out instead of worrying about what others think or say about them.
We can all use a little bit of positivity and inspiration in our lives.
When you feel good about yourself, anything is possible!
Final thoughts on Affirmations for Students and Kids
The power of positive affirmations for kids is undeniable.
Whether you want your children to be more confident, happier, less stressed, these affirming statements can help them live up to their full potential and achieve goals that will have a lasting impact on themselves and the world around them.
What are some other ways that parents can encourage self-confidence and resilience in their children? Please share with us below!
You might also love:
- How to raise kind kids
- The Best Gratitude Activities for Kids & How to Teach Gratitude to Kids
- 15 mindfulness exercises your kids will love
Don’t forget to PIN ME for later!
What you Should Do Next…
1. Subscribe to My Newsletter:
Signup for my newsletter for tips, resources, and lots of free printables to help you create a happier home or classroom. Plus, when you subscribe, I’ll also send you a copy of our strategy-packed guide, 12 Mini Mindfulness Activities for Kids.
2. Get the Toolkit and Put the FUN back into Parenting!
If you want even MORE tips and strategies for raising resilient, mindful, happy kids, check out The Positive Parenting Toolkit (for busy parents or teachers ready for change at 77% off the regular price). Plus, for a limited time, get FREE bonuses worth $25 — completely risk-free and with lifetime access.
3. Discover the Calm Confident Kids Toolbox
Your new bestie has arrived. The Calm Confident Kids Toolbox, a favorite among teachers, practitioners, and parents, is here. For a limited time, you get a collection of our best-selling resources worth over $100 for just $19.