This post and its photos may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Inside: This fun, free Nature Scavenger Hunt printable is the perfect idea for summer this year. Nature Scavenger Hunt’s are perfect for fun family days, classroom parties, or any kid’s parties.
If you’ve been on the hunt for a free printable Nature Scavenger Hunt for kids, thank goodness you found us!
These printable Scavenger Hunt sheets are the perfect way to get outside and explore the great outdoors! All praise the vitamin D.
Plus, kids AND adults LOVE Nature Scavenger Hunts!
Our free Scavenger Hunt bundle also includes 3 other Scavenger Hunt games to add a fun twist to this classic activity. See for yourself below.
…And bonus, these are printables so you can laminate them and use them for years to come.
If you are looking for a Nature Scavenger Hunt to play for your classroom, at a kids party, or a fun family day, look no further than Mindfulmazing’s Free Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids. (You can snag the free download near the end of this post).
What’s Included With This Free Nature Scavenger Hunt Kit?
This sweet set of free Scavenger Hunt printables includes 4 different Scavenger Hunt printables (along with full instructions and even Scavenger Hunt clues).
Scavenger Hunt’s are perfect because it’s easy-to-play for all ages and for varying sizes of groups.
And this kit has everything you need to get started.
***If you have a large group, you can split into teams too.
What is a Nature Scavenger Hunt
A Nature Scavenger Hunt is a game where players search for specified items on a list, think of large rocks, interesting clouds, cute squirrels, or a red leaf.
Players are asked to check off the items as they find them.
How to Play Nature Scavenger Hunt
To play, give one Scavenger Hunt sheet to each child or give one card to each team. Go in search of the items on the card. When you find an item, tick it off. If playing alone, you are finished when you find all the items. If playing with others, the first person to tick off all the items wins.
Materials needed for your Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables:
- Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Printer (or have printed at a print shop)
- White card stock paper
- Scissors or a paper trimmer
- Optional, but amazing: Laminator (I love this laminator!)
- Optional: Laminating sheets
I like to laminate my sheets and use a dry erase marker so that these goodies can be used over and over.
In particular, for our little hunters, I love to laminate my lists (this makes them sticky finger proof). Yes, totally a game-changer. My lamination machine is my most used purchase of 2020. I’m totally not kidding.
Detailed Nature Scavenger Hunt Instructions:
- Print out your Nature Scavenger Hunt printable (one for each player or team). I recommend using a clipboard so that it’s easier for your child to write. (You can also download the additional Scavenger Hunt Games) There are 4 games in total.
- Optional (but as I said above, I love this) laminate your printables so that you can use them over and over.
- Go in search of the items on the card. (You can go the park, forest, backyard, schoolyard, on a walk, around the neighborhood)
- Tick off each nature item as you find it. You’ll be looking for items such as:
- The first person to find all the items wins, or if playing alone, you have completed your Scavenger Hunt when you tick off all the items.
- If you love Scavenger Hunt variations, this free bundle includes 3 other Scavenger Hunts for Kids. Including our color scavenger hunt, treasure hunt, watchful walk
- Don’t forget your sunscreen and most of all HAVE FUN! Explore and take the time to really look at what you find.
- Optional: Create fun prizes or treats for winners or Scavenger Hunt completers
If you love Scavenger hunts as much as I do, be sure to head over to The Best Outdoor Scavenger Hunt’s for Kids for even MORE ideas.
If you are on the hunt for awesome game ideas for your next kids party, check out this epic guide of easy and fun party games.
Consider the age of your child when you plan your fun scavenger hunt. Toddlers are totally happy hunting for little bugs and puffy clouds, but older kids (or teenagers) love challenging Scavenger Hunt with clues. But don’t worry, our free Scavenger Hunt bundle includes something for every age!
Other Outdoor Scavenger Hunts Included in Bundle
Since I’m obsessed with Scavenger Hunts, we included 4 outdoor games for your kids.
Your free Nature Scavenger Hunt Bundle Includes:
- Color Scavenger Hunt
- Treasure Map Scavenger Hunt
- Watchful Walk
- Nature Scavenger Hunt
I hope you love these Scavenger Hunt printables as much as we do. Click “Yes Please” below, and these sweet printables will be delivered straight to your inbox.
Looking for more kids games?
How about a Gratitude Scavenger Hunt? If you love the idea of raising grateful little warriors then check out 15 gratitude activities for kids.
What about bingo?
If you love anything Bingo we have a couple sweet games for kids below:
Benefits of Nature Scavenger Hunts for Kids
There actually are loads of benefits of Scavenger Hunts for Kids.
The first is that kids can get outside and play. It’s said that kids need 3 hours of outdoor time each and every day. It seems like a lot, doesn’t it? That’s why I’m always on the lookout for outdoor fun.
Scavenger Hunts also teach teamwork (if playing in a group); they encourage problem-solving and get your littlies creative juices flowing!
Why wait? Grab your free printables and get out and have some fun, today!
Summer Bucket List for Kids
And snag your instant download, right here.