This post and its photos may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you! Read my full disclosure policy here.
Inside: 100 mindfulness tips to stay in the present moment, GUARANTEED to bring peace, happiness, and awareness to your life.
In our busy way of life, relaxing and tuning into the present moment is becoming harder and harder.
And when I say relax, I don’t necessarily mean lay on the couch with a big bag of ketchup chips. (Although that’s fun too).
But what we really need to do, is slow down, pause, and take a look at the world as it unfolds before us. Simmer the busyness of our minds and bodies.
We live in an unprecedented era of anxiety and mental health issues. Our lives are like elastic bands, we are stretching them to the point of snapping, and when it finally snaps back, it’s going to hurt!
It doesn’t matter WHO you are. A busy parent, a teacher, a friend, a husband, we ALL need a little mindfulness in our lives.
Use these 100 mindfulness tips to bring stillness to your life and feel the elastic relax.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindful.org says, “Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.”
Mindfulness can change your life from the inside out.
Take a moment and imagine how your life could change if you weren’t reacting to everything around you all the time. Imagine if you were living fully in the present moment, appreciating that moment in front of you.
Imagine how your life could change. Imagine how you would become a better parent, friend, or lover. Imagine a more loving, patient, and grateful version of yourself.
If you are interested in the life-changing habit of mindfulness, you’ll also love these:
How to Practice Mindfulness
Here’s the thing.
We are often burnout, tired, can’t squeeze one more thing in our day kinda busy. We sigh and say, “I don’t have time to practice mindfulness. I barely have time to brush my teeth. Does this involve meditating for hours on end?
And the answer is a resounding, “No!”
And that’s why we’ve listed 100 quick mindfulness tips. You can implement most of these tips without needing a ton of time or energy.
Most of the mindfulness tips below are simple mindset shifts. Meaning you can practice them as you go about your day.
Let’s get right to it; I’m so excited to dive into all the mindfulness tips!
100 Mindfulness Tips to Live in the Present Moment
- Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
2. When climbing stairs, feel your feet on the floor, pay attention to your muscles moving you forward.
3. When you feel yourself get angry, say: “This too shall pass.”
4. Take some time to smell freshly brewed coffee or baked bread.
5. When reaching for a snack, examine your mind. Are you bored? Anxious? Angry? Sad or Hungry?
6. When doing laundry and other forms of cleaning, give relaxed attention to your hand movements and bodily sensations. The slower you work, the easier it is.
7. Watch the leaves fall from the trees in autumn, the snow falling in winter, or the rain sprinkling in the summer. Use your senses and examine the colors and smells.
8. Play with a cat or dog. Spending time with your pets will bring you into the present moment.
9. Go people watching. Give relaxed attention to what you see without thinking, judging, or commenting.
10. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
11. Bring attention to what it feels like to wash the dishes. Pay attention to your movements and the sounds and sensation of the water on your hands.
12. Eat mindfully. Give relaxed attention to the tastes and textures of the food and chew and swallow slowly.
13. Brush your teeth mindfully. Give relaxed attention to your hand movements or the sensations in the mouth.
14. Dress and undress mindfully. Give relaxed attention to the body movements or the sensation of the clothes against your body.
15. When listening to someone, listen mindfully, pay attention to what they are saying, and vow not to interrupt. Just listen.
16. Light a candle and watch the flicker of the light.
17. Look for opportunities where others might see nothing.
18. Find lessons where others might only see problems.
19. Do not allow fear to control you. Make love-based decisions.
20. Breathe Breathe Breathe
21. Contemplate questions with deep exploration rather than looking for a shallow field of answers.
22. Stop complaining.
23. Don’t blame others or make excuses.
24. Be a life-long learner.
25. Know that money is a tool, and ultimately, it’s just another resource.
26. Be secure in your sense of self-worth.
27. Be generous and kind.
28. Admit mistakes and apologize.
29. Be adaptable and embrace change.
30. Breathe Breathe Breathe
31. Examine the intricacies of a flower, the petals, the colors, the lines.
32. Be mindful while standing. Give relaxed attention to the pressure on your feet or what it feels like to stand.
33. Walk barefoot; the slower you walk, the easier it is. How does the ground feel? Is it hot, cold, rough, or smooth? Give relaxed attention to the sensations in the souls of your feet.
34. Root your feet into the earth and push your energy downward.
35. Try to walk every day and eat a balanced diet.
36. Work and play hard, but also take time for rest.
37. Be resilient.
38. Relax your jaw.
39. Listen mindfully to rain, thunder, or other nature sounds.
Kids Love mindfulness too.
Mini Mindfulness Kit for Kids
The Mini Mindfulness Kit for Kids is a collection of worksheets, journals, coloring pages, and exercises designed to help your little ones tune into what matters most.
40. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
41. Open and close doors mindfully as opposed to habitually. Give relaxed attention to your body movements while opening and closing doors.
42. Feel the tingling sensation in your hands and feet; feel their aliveness. Now feel that sensation throughout your entire body.
43. Sit on a stool, sofa, rock, or even in the grass. What does it feel like? Is the surface soft, hard, cool, or warm? Become aware of the pressure against your bottom. Give relaxed attention to the sensation of sitting.
44. Do one thing at a time, slowly, deliberately, and mindfully.
45. Focus on what you are doing and complete each task before moving on to the next.
46. Quiet the mind; when your mind wanders, gently pull it back to the present moment. Don’t allow yourself to get consumed by worry of the past or the future.
47. Practice meditation. (Even just deep breathing for two minutes a day).
48. Go for walks in nature as often as you can, inhale the fresh air and take in the aliveness.
49. Before getting out of bed, take 5 minutes to practice deep breathing and quiet the mind. Also, breathe for 5 minutes before bed.
50. Breathe, Breathe Breathe
51. Envision difficult people as your spiritual teachers.
52. Understand that everyone is battling their own delusions; take it easy on the judgments of others.
53. Learn to forgive. Even when you didn’t get the apology, you feel you deserve.
54. Nurture your friendships. Water them and carefully treat them with respect.
55. Try to see the good in your co-workers.
58. Try to look at items around you without labels. Try to envision the plant as not a “plant” but a vibrant and alive life form.
59. Show compassion for animals. They are sentient beings capable of thought, feelings, and reasoning.
60. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
61. Change your routine; stop rushing to get through your day. Make time to do one thing you love each and every day. Renew and refresh your life.
62. Wake up early and go to bed early.
63. Read at least one book by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
64. Read A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle.
65. When you’re in the shower, feel the water trickling over your body.
66. Lie down on your back and practice lying down meditation. Allow your body to relax, pay attention to each part of your body and breathe deeply.
67. Talk to others with mindfulness, don’t put others down, manipulate or condescend.
68. Treat the environment with respect. It is our house.
69. Feel. Allow yourself to feel sad, angry, happy, hurt, disappointed. Feel all of these emotions, but then let them go, don’t cling.
70. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
71. Practice Yoga.
72. When life gets tough, don’t take it personally.
73. Love yourself unconditionally.
74. Consider that life is a journey, not a destination.
75. Let everything become your teacher.
76. Change your perspective, change your world.
77. Check in with your mind. What are you thinking and why? Can you let it go?
78. Say please and thank you.
79. Stand up straight.
Anxiety Kit for Kids
When you purchase this Anxiety Printable Kit, you’ll get a collection of worksheets, posters, activities, and coloring pages designed to help children squash anxiety and worry and bring fun and freedom back into their lives.
80. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
81. Tell your partner five things about them that you love. View your partner with new eyes.
82. Practice mindfulness in shorts bursts. Soon it will become a habit.
83. Accept the things you can not change.
84. Be friendly to strangers. Send someone a genuine smile.
85. Try to stop yourself from snapping at your kids or pets.
86. Practice patient acceptance. Learn to breathe and count to 10 when anger and frustration creep in.
87. Give yourself a mindfulness reminder (an alarm, a symbol), something throughout your day that will remind you to stop practicing and breathe.
88. Practice gratitude for the big and small things in your life.
89. Try to find one good thing about someone you dislike.
90. Breathe, Breathe, Breathe
91. Learn what your passions are and make time to practice them.
92. Relax the space between your eyebrows. Let the tension fall from your shoulders. Relax your stomach muscles.
93. Watch the sunset.
94. Tell those you love how much they mean to you.
95. Strive to achieve your goals, but remember to find peace in the here and now.
96. Just be.
97. Turn off the TV, radio, and phone. Don’t be afraid of the quiet.
98. Enjoy stillness.
99. Live right now. In this moment. This one. Not that last moment — it’s over. Don’t worry about the future, don’t worry about right now, live right now – this is your life.
100. Subscribe to Mindfulmazing’s weekly newsletter.
Final thoughts on Tiny Mindfulness Tips to Stay in the Present Moment
There you have it! One hundred mindfulness tips for beginners and for seasoned buddha.
Use these mindfulness techniques to help you stay in the present moment each and every day.
What mindfulness secrets can you think of that will help you live a happy, peaceful, meaningful life? Please comment below.
What you Should Do Next…
1. Subscribe to My Newsletter:
Signup for my newsletter for tips, resources, and lots of free printables to help you create a happier home or classroom. Plus, when you subscribe, I’ll also send you a copy of our strategy-packed guide, 12 Mini Mindfulness Activities for Kids.
2. Get the Toolkit and Put the FUN back into Parenting!
If you want even MORE tips and strategies for raising resilient, mindful, happy kids, check out The Positive Parenting Toolkit (for busy parents or teachers ready for change at 77% off the regular price). Plus, for a limited time, get FREE bonuses worth $25 — completely risk-free and with lifetime access.
3. Discover the Calm Confident Kids Toolbox
Your new bestie has arrived. The Calm Confident Kids Toolbox, a favorite among teachers, practitioners, and parents, is here. For a limited time, you get a collection of our best-selling resources worth over $100 for over 78% off.